I have been very pleased to support the Show Racism the Red Card Campaign for the past few years.
Show Racism the Red Card encourages innovative grassroots projects around the country to raise awareness of the Fortnight of Action and to highlight issues of racism, diversity and inclusion by running their own initiatives through our Fortnight of Action Community Grant Initiative:
This year, Show Racism the Red Card is awarding small grants of up to £150 for the development of community-based projects in Wales.
Grants are available to non-statutory organisations including community groups, schools, youth clubs, football clubs, charities and other grassroots bodies that are working to engage with young people, ethnic minorities, excluded groups, football fans, and refugees and asylum seekers.
Applications should demonstrate the below criteria.
1) Anti-racist educational value.
2) Sport orientated.
3) Partnership work with other local agencies.
4) Projects must take place within the Fortnight of Action (12-25th October).
5) Act as a catalyst for further anti-racist activity throughout the year.
6) Encourage community participation.
I would encourage any local Cardiff West clubs to take part in supporting this charity and apply for these grants.
For further information on these grants please vist http://www.srtrc.org/.