Cardiff West MP, Kevin Brennan, is highlighting the importance of music tourism to Wales after a new report by UK Music shows the huge amount of income it generates.
The Wish You Were Here report shows that 402,000 music tourists visited Wales in 2015 to attend a live concert or music festival. These visitors generated a staggering £113 million in total for the local economy, and helped sustain 1,595 full-time jobs across Wales.
The statistics in full show how important music tourism is to Wales
- £113 million generated by music tourism in Wales in 2015
- 402,000 music tourists attending music events in Wales in 2015
- 1,595 full time jobs sustained by music tourism in 2015
- 617,000 total attendance at music events in Cardiff in 2015
- 293,000 music tourists generated £52 million in Cardiff last year